May 5, 2017
Your smile is important – not only is it your most important physical feature, it helps you chew, speak, and even breathe properly. And since this part of your body is crucial to your overall well-being, your dentist in Maricopa has the technology you need to protect your teeth and keep your pearly whites shining bright. In this post, the team at Cobblestone Dental Center, your dentist in Maricopa, tells you how their innovative use of DIAGNOdent technology can help diagnose both cavities and oral cancer. (
How Can DIAGNOdent Help Me With Cavities?
Dr. Ehfad M. Shah explains that DIAGNOdent laser dentistry can benefit you by providing pain-free screenings for cavities. By using accuracy that only a laser can create, we can measure the fluorescence in each of your teeth, spotting cavities when they can be treated with less invasive options like fillings, or even topical fluoride treatments. DIAGNOdent is revolutionary since it helps Dr. Shah get ahead of one of the most prevalent oral health problems – teeth with dental caries.
What Are the Symptoms Of Cavities?
By the time we enter adulthood, most people have had at least one cavity. Although this condition is common, it shouldn’t be ignored, since dental caries can lead to dangerous oral infections. Seek treatment from us as soon as you can if you exhibit the signs below:
- Pain when biting
- Dark spots, holes, or pits in your teeth
- Black or brown staining on your dentitions
- Tooth sensitivity
- Pain when eating or drinking something hot, cold, or sweet
How Can DIAGNOdent Protect Me From Oral Cancer?
Since oral cancer is one of the deadliest forms of the disease (often because of the late discovery of the condition), preventive screenings for cancers of the mouth and throat with DIAGNOdent can literally help save lives. It only takes a few moments to use this harmless, painless laser technology to shine a light on your oral health status, and keep your smile – and your entire body – safe and healthy.
What Are The Symptoms Of Oral Cancer?
Since many of the signs of cancers of the mouth and throat are subtle, it can lead to delayed diagnosis, which further complicates treatment and recovery. Reach out to us right away if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Persistent hoarseness in your voice that doesn’t go away
- A chronically scratchy throat
- Difficulty swallowing or the sensation of something being stuck in your throat
- Numbness, tenderness, or pain in your mouth
- Weight loss, especially if dramatic or unexplained
- Sores, lumps, or thick patches in or around your mouth and throat
- Red, white, or speckled lesions in your mouth or on your lips
- Pain in the ears (but no loss of hearing)
- Problems with speaking or chewing
- Trouble moving your tongue, jaw, or lips
- Loose teeth or tooth loss without any clear reason
Each year, 45,000 to 55,000 Americans are diagnosed with oral cancer, and the 5-year survival rate is only about 50%. But with regular screenings using DIAGNOdent laser dentistry, we can change the odds and increase the likelihood of survival.
Now that you know how DIAGNOdent laser services can benefit you, schedule your appointment with Cobblestone Dental Center to get the innovative care you deserve!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.